Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday-10:15am

Been a lot of clouds roaming the plains since last we spoke.
We've had drizzly rain off and on. 
I love me some clouds against a blue sky, though. 


Been on the nippy side... 
...but it's supposed to warm back up to the 40s and 50s this coming week. 
For me... 
...today is my birthday.     
I'm 64...but for some reason I thought I was already 64 this past winter--LOL!  I never was very good at math. 
Last night I heard Miss Karma crying loudly.  She had gone headfirst up into that little space in the TV cabinet...and couldn't figure out how to back out...and couldn't quite turn around. 
Just as I was going to go over and pull her out, she managed to contort herself enough to turn herself about, quit crying, and settled right down for a rest. 
I picked out the next writing journal.  This very old blue suede one, that I seem to recall I picked up for cheap at an Office Depot when I lived in Moorhead maybe 14 years ago, turned out to be the best one with fountain pens so it won--LOL! 
I do have to whine a little.  Been very annoying things happening one right after the other.  First, I can't get on to the Cashwise website again to make up my grocery list for Caroline.  For the third month my password (now passwords) doesn't work.  I even give up and ask for a new one and then the new one doesn't work.  Over the past three months I have accumulated 5 or 6 new passwords.  None of them, or my old ones, work.  But finally one of the times I went out of the site and came back in I was suddenly logged in (how safe is that!)...at least for the past two months.  Not this month...so far.  So I will probably have to call them.
****
Then I got an email from my bank telling me that someone had tried three times to log into my account so they cancelled my password--and if it wasn't me (wasn't) they recommended that I change not only my password but also my user name.  I went in to my bank my usual way (not from the email to be safe in case it was a scam) and my password does not indeed work.  But neither does my pin number from over a decade ago...so I can't prove it is me.  So I will have to call the bank and have them mail me a new pin number.
****
Annoying stuff, right?
****  
Meanwhile, I am sewing away...and do you see that plastic pedal hanging down from the machine to the left of the needle?  I was turning the fabric and I bumped it somehow.  Don't ask me how.  I talk with my hands flying about and I guess maybe I sew that way, too.
Anyways, I bumped that lever and The Diva went wild!  Did her jiggling, screeching error routine.  The trouble is--her little pea brain thinks there is a thread jam.  There. never. was.  She does not believe me and will not change her mind come hell or high water.  I have turned her off and on many times, unplugged and plugged, and re-threaded her three times.  I have tried cajoling, sweet talking, and patience...that disintegrated over two days into yelling at her and trying to physically move the needle (you know how she doesn't like manual adjustments).  
****
She will not move.
She will not sew.
Just angrily tells me the thread is jammed.
****
Miss Brother is useless.
**** 
I bought her through Amazon.
In October.
She's been nothing but a pain in the a$$ since she arrived.
I will have to contact Amazon.
And probably Brother.
*sigh*
****
I was still too aggravated to deal with all those things yesterday...and today is my birthday...so forget it.  Nothing is going to change in a couple days.  Tomorrow is another day (said Scarlett).
****
Meanwhile...people have been so wonderful for my birthday!  I have gotten cards in the mail, ecards, Amazon gift cards, and even had sweets delivered in these cute little boxes!  
Thanks, Janie!  
Karma loves cookies, too.  We haven't had any sweets around here for so long that she was really pushy and demanding about getting her little pieces of sugar cookie--LOL!
And McFamily is coming over this afternoon...and bringing lunch!  I haven't seen Ian (in the flesh and not a video chat) for a long time.  Got some pics from Leah, though.
****
When we had our faux-summer weekend a couple weeks ago Ian was sitting out on some brown grass in the 70 degree weather! 
He's getting so big!  Here he is helping Mama with laundry. 
He loves feeding himself finger foods now. 
Crackers and Cheerios and veggies.
He loves standing next to his cool musical table or any furniture he can pull himself up next to.   
He can even bend and pick up a toy while holding onto something with one hand...and very slowly "walk" his way along furniture or around his cool activity table.  I think this little guy just might be walking early.  He's nine months old already.  Where did the time go?!
****
Well, I had best get some clothes on before they arrive...and pick up Karma's toys so they don't end up in Ian's mouth--LOL!  What a wonderful birthday!  I am so glad to be alive to see all this and to know all of you!!  
Have a great day!!  :):)
****
"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!"
Dr. Seuss

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexWisGirl said...

a very happy birthday to you, rita! enjoy that time with mcfamily! and growing ian! (run, karma, run!) :)

DJan said...

Happy, happy birthday to someone who really knows how to love and live! I think Ms. Brother needs to be in counseling. :-)

Serena Lewis said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR FRIEND!!! I did the exact same as you....last year, when asked, I was telling everyone I was 56 until Michelle corrected me one day and confirmed I was 55. lol I turned 56 earlier this month so I'm within my right to claim 56 now. lol

Karma is so sweet!

Cashwise would drive me NUTS!!! Very odd about your bank password not working online...I've never had that happen. I hope they sort it for you.

Enjoy your new writing journal!

Miss Brother is overly temperamental! I thought manufacturers were supposed to make things run more smoothly with each newer model?! Crazy! Your Miss Brother is nothing like the Brother Overlocker/Serger machine I had many years ago...I loved it and it worked beautifully! Yes, I would definitely put in a complaint and demand your money back!

They sure grow up so fast in the first year....Ian is adorable!

It sounds like you're in for a beautiful day.....ENJOY!

Love and birthday hugs to you! xoxo



Jenny Woolf said...

My - Ian is advanced .... only nine months old and nearly walking. Wow! What a bright little soul he looks to be. Happy birthday to you, Rita, what could be a nicer gift than a visit from dear little Ian!!!!
Had to chuckle at Karma getting stuck. :)
As for the annoying stuff, well it IS annoying. Tomorrow is another day though, and I hope that it will bring you some good things to add to the ones you already got.

GrandmaG said...

Happy, happy birthday! So sorry you're having so much trouble with Brother. What a disappointment. Yep, it definitely does look as if Ian will be an early walker. Look out world!

Ashley Shell said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was a beautiful day for you and I wish you lots of blessings and many many years!

Yesterday was our 2 year old's birthday, we celebrated it today. Whew what a busy day it was!

I love the pictures Rita! How time really does fly with kids! They grow so fast! My oldest will be 7 years this November... SEVEN!!! Where did the time go! I cannot believe that 7 years (nearly) ago we had our young man... It only feels like it should be 5... not 7.

Krisha said...

Belated birthday wishes Rita!!!!!
Looks like I have the jump on you by one year, May will make 65 for me......now tell me......where did the time go???/
Yep! Ian is going to really be on the go early, such a cutie pie!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you have had a very frustrating week, so I hope you can get some of your technology "glitches" resolved soon! Your grandson is getting to be quite the handsome little guy. I know you enjoy spending time with him. Hope things are better for you soon. Hugs from AZ!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rita.
Karma is hilarious.
Ian looks like a toddler in that grass pic.

Victoria Zigler said...

Silly Karma!

Happy birthday! I'm a bit late saying it on here, but since I already said it to you ahead of time a few days ago, that doesn't matter. Anyway, I'm glad you were spoiled by lots of people for your birthday!

WOW! Ian is almost walking already? Well done, Ian!

Sorry you're having sewing machine issues again. That's ridiculous! I hope either Amazon or Brother will do something.

Zue said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday, Rita!
The sewing machine may have to go back to the factory.
Brother is such a good make.....strange it has been such a pain.
Ian is so grown up., such a lovely boy.
Have a great day.
Sue x

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

When I was younger I didn't get how a person could forget how old they are but I have done it myself, in my head I still feel like I am 20 not 52, hope you had a bloody great birthday.

As usual I loved all the pictures of Ian he is so bloody adorable.

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Seems I"m always a day late and a dollar short here:) Weeks full of little frustrations can really get on your nerves. Hope this week will be better for you!!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Birthday a day late! Gosh that machine is a real pain...hope you get it figured out...it is probably the smallest of threads in the way of something. Hope youe week improves:)

Intense Guy said...

Happy Belated Birdie Day!!!!!

And some days just aren't worth getting out of bed for huh? Goodness. What a spot of nothing going right...

Karma is a big goof. She's gonna get stuck someday.

AliceKay said...

I hope you had a very special birthday celebration with Dagan, Leah and Ian. Ian is adorable. My favorite picture of him from this group is the one where he has his arms crossed with the one hand on top of the other arm. So cute.

I'm sorry the sewing machine is giving you such grief. I would go nuts if I had to deal with that thing. I hope you figure it out and can finish what you were working on.

Poor Karma. lol Cats will be cats.

We had snow flying this morning, and we have a little more snow on the way tomorrow. I don't think spring will ever find us here.

ChicagoLady said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Rita! Mmmm, Cheryl's cookies are so delish!

Feral Turtle said...

Well Happy 46 birthday Rita!!! hehe Maybe you could Google help for your machine. Perhaps someone had the same problem and was able to solve it. Ian is getting so big! Little ones are so darn cute. My niece sent me a video of her little one laughing. So precious. Well hope your week gets better and you can figure out that darn machine of yours!

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

**HAPPY**HAPPY** (belated) birthday rita!!!!! here's to a very good year ahead!! *cheers*
hey, i've done the same thing...one whole year i thought i was a YEAR older than i really was!! haha imagine how excited i was when my Bday came around and i realized i hadn't aged!!
IAN!! wow!!!! look at that smile!! so very cute!!
ox

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! Karma is such a cutie and Ian is growing so fast ~ great shots !

Happy Belated Birthday ~ Hope you had a great one!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol