Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday-6:45pm

I'm not sure what Karma did all day, but I slept.
Days and nights flipped again. Oh well.
****
Much of the same yesterday...till morning--hehe! And when I woke up tonight I was dreaming that I was talking to somebody and laughing...and when I dream I actually DO talk and laugh out loud--ROFL! Karma leapt up and stated meowing with excitement for treat time, so I don't remember what I was dreaming about but I was having a great time. Nice way to start the day...or night, as the case may be--hehe! :)
****
I haven't remembered dreams all that much for years--except for the wide variety of what I call "pain dreams" where I incorporate the pain into my dream (results of which can be actually quite amusing in a dark humor kind of way). Who wants to remember those, tho, right? Many years ago, when I wrote my dreams down right away, I got quite good at remembering them. Was surprised, actually, at how much I would recall. If I started doing that again it would require some adjusting and patience on Miss Karma's part--hehe!
****
If any of you haven't heard about or run across TED--it is one of the most fascinating, intriguing, thought provoking spot on the web. You can sign up to receive emails, as I do. I wish I had more time to sit and watch every single one of the various videos. When I take the time to watch even one, I am never disappointed. TED is a bright spot filled with brilliant people who speak about ideas and inventions and solutions and theories--just hope and positives galore! Always lifts my spirits and sometimes astounds me.
****
Snoop! Ponder! Enjoy!!
****
www.ted.com

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

I bet Karma was sleeping, right along with you. Cats sleep a lot.

Dreams are strange. Sometimes I remember bits and pieces, but most of the time I forget them as soon as I wake up. :\

Time for me to get ready for work. I hope you have a good day today.

Celticspirit said...

Here is the link to my new blog.

http://enlightenmysoul-celticspirit.blogspot.com/

My other blog will be going private and I will send you the link to get to it as soon as I get it set up.

Intense Guy said...

I wonder if your recent attempts to get the pain meds out of your system are causing this spate of vividness in your dream world? Sort of making up for the pain dreams?

No better way to wake up than with laughter. :)

Serena Lewis said...

I've seen quite a few good videos on TED. Great site!

I used to write my dreams down...particularly the ones that woke me from sleep and left a strong impression on me. Some were fractured and made no sense at all but I wrote them down just in case a future happening would shed some light on them.

Here's to happy dreams for you ~ :)

Rita said...

Hi AliceKay,
I usually forget them right away, too, unless they were really vivid. But when you start writing down what you can remember--wow! I was surprised how I started to remember more after doing that for a while. You kind of train yourself to remember longer, I guess.

Hope you had a good day, too! :)

Rita said...

Thanks, Barb! :):)

Rita said...

Hi Iggy,
I think I was quite pleasantly surprised that I woke up laughing because I am actually in more pain than I was with cutting back on the pain pills. That's got to be a good sign! Yup! Nothing better than to wake up laughing and smiling!! :)

Rita said...

Hi Serena,
It's been many, many years since I wrote down my dreams--could be 15 years! Now--with all this talk I am wondering about doing it again. I might try it. See if having the interruption will make sleep any harder than it is already at times for me. Don't know if you don't try, right? :):)